Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A walk down the lane

So last Wednesday 7/10/13 we had an ultra sound scheduled to find out the gender of our sweet baby. I was SOOO excited, my emotions were so high. well one hour before our ultra sound we found out that Emma was out of town. There was no way we could do it with out Emma, she has been just as excited about finding out as we have. I knew we had to reschedule and my heart was broke. I went into what felt like a coma. As my sulking got worse, the sun was setting. For some reason that time of. day when its not bright and not yet dark is my least favorite time, it feels dreary. I said with a deep sigh " I hate this time of day, its so depressing" So my wonderful husband said "Well if you were actually out side you might like. Lets go for a walk"

This is not a very good picture.
There is this river/canal by our house where the trees are big and shady and there is tones of baby ducks. I love this little lane, its one of my favorite places!
 
We saw 3 sets of baby ducks, 2 beavers, 1 cat, 1 deer and 1 white butterfly. Randy brought bread so we were able to feed all the ducks, it was so fun! 
 
 
We found this huge dandelion and we both made wishes. mine was for a healthy baby and Randy's was to make enough money this year to buy a house.
It was such a fun stroll and just what I needed to lift my spirits. Thanks wonderful husband!!!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a perfectly brilliant way to make the day better...embrace it! I love to go for walks...but I don't do it much right now..because I'm so tired...but when I do...I'm thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please tell that wonderful man of yours that I am so glad he is your husband. I love that he took the initiative to get you outside to help you feel better. You are such a beautiful couple and so perfect for each other. I often think that nature is God's way of giving us therapy :) It always seems to make us feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mean to be a pain...but I am patiently waiting for your next post...even if it is the ceiling that your looking at! :) Just waiting!!!!! Don't mind me....I'm just waiting!!!!!!! And Waiting!!!! Love that your a blogger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby duckies! Outings like these are some of my favorites. What's better than ooooh-ing and ahhhhh-ing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Randy you rock...(quite literally with Air supplies guitar:)) Walking, nature, sunlight...be it dim, baby things, and wonderful hubbies...a definite recipe for smiles, giggles, and fond memories:)

    ReplyDelete