Thursday, August 1, 2013

PREGNANCY -Take 4

17 WEEKS
 Tuesday July 23, 2013
 
It is so fun to know that she is a girl! :)
1.) Now the hard part, PICKING A NAME. There is a lot of pressure associated with naming your child.  We have thought of 3 names so far. We want to give our kids meaningful names or family names so it limits our choices. I guess the right one will come along at some point.
2.) This week has been a strange one... Since I got pregnant my emotions have leveled out for the most part, but this week threw me through a loop!!! For like 3 days in a row I woke up REALLY emotional! I felt like the world around me was dreary and empty. I would cry and cry. but midday that would go away and I would feel normal.
3.) I talked to my baby for the first time this week. I know I should have done that sooner but it just felt weird talking to my self in my house. I didn't know who I was talking to, boy or girl? I really enjoyed talking to her, it was an emotional experience.  
4.) While I was talking to her I had my hand on my belly and I felt her KICK my hand!!!That was sooo fun! I called Randy right away and when he came home he was able to feel her too. I cant feel her kick just sitting there, I can only feel her on my hand. It is awesome I keep my hand on my tummy all the time because I love feeling her move! I hope im not smashing  her :)
 
Daddy and baby bump! :)
5.) I am still taking Zofran, my nausea medicine once in the morning. I have decided to let my self be a little nauseous in the evening instead of taking the medicine around the clock. Im pretty sure its safe to take it but I just don't like the idea of it. So I wanted to try not taking it and see how I would do without it. I was fine for the first two days but the third day I was throwing up everything :( that was a hard day for me! So for now I will continue to depend on it.
6.) My weight keeps going back and forth between 121lbs and 122lbs. I still struggle with eating. Most foods make me nauseous and hurt my stomach.  I still only eat bland foods. I am doing better with drinking water :)
 
feeling excited! :)
7.) So I was driving and all a sudden I felt super excited about the baby. It was a really fun moment for me and I wanted to remember that feeling, so I snapped a pic. I will tell you why this was so fun for me...when I first got pregnant I was excited but it didn't feel real. Plus I didn't allow myself to get excited because I was so nervous about miscarrying. Then by the time we were out of the danger zone I was SO sick. It was hard for me to be excited when I was sick and it STILL didn't seem real. Then as I have slowly gotten stronger my feelings have been more of fear. Fear of being a mom and all the responsibility that brings. Also I fear that I wont LIKE the job of being a mom. So you can see how fun it was for me to feel true excitement about my baby and the future.
 
Look how cute and tiny this little onesie is :) He will be a great dad!!!
 So I have NO idea of what to buy for the baby! I have 6 onesies, one outfit, an adorable burp clothe (made by Julie mason), one blanket and a book. If you have any suggestions of what I should get to be prepared, PLEASE let me know! I am clueless!!!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are both going to the best parents ever!!!
    All those kids are so lucky! ;)
    You baby bump in killing me!
    I wish we could take one together ....you would die! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhfan v vdcfvnbbgxclkhg
    This was Braden's turn to write:)
    love the pics
    fhgggkjqkhkr

    ReplyDelete